- USA Today reports that Paula Abdul's new video will premiere during the Super Bowl pregame show, and it's possible Abdul will also perform the song live.
- American Idol's major sponsors — Ford, Coke, and AT&T — are all back for this season, Variety reports.
- American Gladiators will fight on for NBC: The network has ordered an unspecified number of new episodes for another season of the show, TV Week reports.
- MTV is spinning off My Super Sweet 16 into a show called Exiled, following former party princesses as they live with indigenous tribes around the world, Broadcasting & Cable reports.
- Billboard has news that Amy Macdonald's debut album has bumped Radiohead's In Rainbows for the No. 1 spot on the U.K. album chart.
- Joyce Carol Oates has received two National Book Critics Circle Awards nominations, the Associated Press reports.
- The writers' strike goes on, but at least the Directors Guild of America and producers are negotiating in an effort to avert a directors' strike, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- According to Variety, No Country for Old Men was the big winner at the Ohio Film Critics Association Awards, nabbing Best Picture, among others.
Photo courtesy of Fox