- Stephen Colbert's WristStrong bracelets have raised more than $170,000 for charity, the Associated Press reports.
- In Sundance deal news, the well-received comedy Baghead has been bought by Sony Pictures Classics, Variety reports.
- Lionsgate and Marvel have struck deals with the striking WGA that will let union writers work on their projects, USA Today reports.
- After completing Revolutionary Road, director Sam Mendes will get to work on an untitled comedy written by David Eggers and Vendela Vida, reports Zap2It.
- Shout Factory has gotten the rights to release every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on DVD, writes The Hollywood Reporter.
- Scarlett Johansson's album of songs written by Tom Waits will be released May 20, writes E! Online.
- Lance Reddick of The Wire has been cast on the new JJ Abrams show Fringe, as has John Noble of The Lord of the Rings movies, TV Guide reports.
- Variety has news that The Color Purple will end its run on Broadway February 24. Meanwhile, Reuters writes that Phantom of the Opera will mark its 20-year anniversary on Broadway this weekend.
- NBC is all about competing parents this spring, scheduling the reality show My Dad is Better Than Your Dad and searching for America's Favorite Mom; details on both are at The Futon Critic.
Latest Movies, TV & Music