- Reuters reports that China will tighten its controls over foreign performers after Bjork shouted "Tibet! Tibet!" at a Shanghai concert last weekend.
- According to Hollywood Reporter, W. Bruce Cameron's book 8 Simple Rules for Marrying My Daughter, sequel to his previous book-turned-TV series, will be adapted for the big screen.
- Variety reports that Seth Rogen has been named ShoWest Comedy Star of the Year.
- Junot Diaz's book The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao has won the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction, the Associated Press reports.
- Beyonce Knowles, Ali Larter and Idris Elba will all star in the thriller Obsessed, writes ComingSoon.
- Justin Timberlake will executive-produce a remake of a Peruvian comedy for NBC, writes the Hollywood Reporter; PopSugar wonders how you think he'll do.
- Noah Wylie will appear in the third installment of the Librarian series on TNT, Zap2it reports.
- Leonardo DiCaprio might play the lead role in an American remake of the Korean thriller The Chaser, writes Hollywood Reporter.
- Backstreet Boys and 'Nsync creator Lou Pearlman has pleaded guilty to fraud, Reuters reports.