- Showtime's The Tudors has been renewed for a third season, USA Today reports.
- Variety has news that Ang Lee's next directorial project will be Taking Woodstock, the autobiography of Elliot Tiber, a Catskills motel worker who played a pivotal role in making the Woodstock concert happen.
- Naomi Campbell will guest-star on the season finale of Ugly Betty, the Associated Press reports.
- Virginia Madsen has joined the cast of the Amelia Earhart biopic, which already included Hilary Swank and Richard Gere, writes ComingSoon.
- Mariah Carey had her best album debut ever this week, easily landing at the top of the charts, Billboard reports.
- TV Land will be airing a modeling competition focusing solely on women 35 and older; details are at The Futon Critic.
- Tom Cruise's 13-year-old son Connor will have a minor, nonspeaking part as the younger version of Will Smith's character in the drama Seven Pounds, the AP reports.
- Contestants from the VH1 game shows with "love" in the name (Flavor of Love, etc.) will compete in a new show called For Love or Money to win cash prizes, TV Guide reports.
- Variety has the just-announced lineup for this year's Cannes Film Festival, which will include Clint Eastwood's 1920s thriller The Changeling starring Angelina Jolie, Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona . . . and Kung Fu Panda.
Photo courtesy of Showtime