- It's been rumored for more than a year, but now it's nearly official: NBC has plans to announce that Jimmy Fallon will take over for Conan O'Brien in 2009, Reuters reports.
- Speaking of confirmed rumors, Guillermo del Toro will officially direct The Hobbit and its sequel, Zap2it reports.
- Alyssa Milano and Nathan Fillion are in talks to star in pilots for ABC, writes the Hollywood Reporter. Milano's is a comedy about a dysfunctional family, and Fillion's is a drama about a mystery novelist who works with the NYPD.
- ComingSoon has news that Ewan McGregor is in talks to join the Da Vinci Code prequel Angels and Demons.
- Wesley Snipes has been sentenced to three years in prison for tax evasion, the Associated Press reports.
- The Lachey family now has two reality-TV hosts: Nick Lachey will host ABC's High School Musical series this Summer, Variety reports.
- First Jordin Sparks left the Alicia Keys tour; now, Keys herself had to cancel some tour dates, though she should be back this weekend, E! reports.
- JJ Abrams and his company will produce a comedy film called Hot for Teacher, whose plot is pretty much exactly what it sounds like, writes the Hollywood Reporter.