- Lori Loughlin is set to play the mother in the CW's 90210 spinoff, TV Guide reports.
- And, says Variety, The CW officially wants Hilary Duff on board to play Loughlin's daughter.
- NME has the scoop on a new free music streaming website for Sony/BMG artists.
- Angela Bassett will check into ER to play a doctor in the drama's final season, Zap2it reports.
- Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were repeat winners at the GLAAD Media Awards over the weekend, the Associated Press reports.
- Paste reports that the next issue of McSweeney's DVD magazine Wholphin will feature a short film starring Paul Rudd and Zooey Deschanel and written by Michael Chabon.
- The Coen Bros. film Burn After Reading will open the Venice Film Festival in August before premiering in the U.S. on Sept. 12, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
Around The Web