- M.I.A. announced her retirement from live shows at Bonnaroo, NME reports — while the Associated Press details how Kanye West angered the crowd by delaying his show till 4:25 a.m.
- Veteran screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan (Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Chill) will write the script for a film adaptation of the 1980s cartoon Robotech, with Tobey Maguire producing, writes Hollywood Reporter.
- Speaking of The Big Chill, its star William Hurt will reunite with Glenn Close in season two of Damages, Variety reports.
- According to ComingSoon the voice cast for a CG-animated movie version of Astro Boy has been announced, with Freddie Highmore in the main role and Bill Nighy, Donald Sutherland and Nathan Lane (among others) supporting.
- West Wing star Janel Moloney is among four actors cast in an ABC fantasy pilot called Captain Cook's Extraordinary Atlas, reports Zap2it.
- Variety reports that while The Incredible Hulk reigned supreme in U.S. theaters over the weekend, The Happening was No. 1 at the box office overseas.
- Jason Bateman has scored a deal to develop series at Fox, writes the Hollywood Reporter. Meanwhile, in other Arrested Development alumni news, writers of Mitchell Hurwitz's show Sit Down, Shut Up are striking to get WGA benefits.
- Coldplay's latest album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends "raced" to the top spot on U.K. charts, writes Billboard.
Latest Movies, TV & Music