- Despite rumors to the contrary, Access Hollywood is reporting that Tom Cruise will not reprise his role as Maverick in a sequel to Top Gun.
- Variety has the news that Hancock director Peter Berg is developing a Hercules film based on a five-issue comic book series by Steve Moore.
- According to Reuters, Disney has named replacements for Ebert and Roeper: Ben Lyons from E! and Ben Mankiewicz from Turner Classic Movies. At the Movies with Ben and Ben, anyone?
- According to The New York Times, TiVo will introduce a product purchasing feature in partnership with Amazon.
- TNT picked up the pilot for Night and Day, a show about an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms from 24 co-creator Joel Surnow, the Hollywood Reporter writes.
- Billboard states Nas' untitled album topped last week's sales chart, moving 197,000 copies. Lil Wayne's album and the Mamma Mia! soundtrack rounded out the top three.
- The Hollywood Reporter writes that Netflix is closing its Red Envelope Entertainment subsidiary, a film financing and acquisition firm that helped finance No End in Sight and Two Days in Paris, among others.