- "Pirate Master" has been cut adrift, writes Zap2it, and the final five episodes will air only online.
- In other reality news, ABC is developing a show in which young married couples will compete for cash, writes Mediaweek.
- Following in McCartney's footsteps, Joni Mitchell signs to Starbucks' Hear Music label, reports Billboard.
- Variety reports that Disney will discourage depictions of cigarette smoking in their movies, and will include PSA's about the dangers of smoking on DVDs of movies that do have smoking.
- MTV is moving up the coast for "Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County," a new "Laguna Beach"-style show, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- Coldplay tells NME that its new album has a Hispanic theme.
- Hollywood Reporter has news that Michael Rappaport will be joining the cast of "My Name Is Earl."
- R. Kelly is "Trapped in the Closet" for 10 new installments of the bizarre film series, which will premiere on IFC before an Aug. 21 DVD release, Billboard reports.
- Apparently, JJ Abrams calls Greg Grunberg his "good luck charm," so Grunberg will appear in some way in Abrams' 1-18-08 project. ComingSoon has more info on Grunberg's report from the set of the movie.
Photo courtesy of CBS