Welcome to BuzzSugar's monthly must-haves, where I show off a handful of the things I'm most looking forward to watching, buying, renting and reading. As the air gets chillier and we start to ease into the hectic holiday season, I'll be curling up with the following goodies.
To find out why these seven things are at the top of my list, just read more
- Waitress — I so loved this romantic comedy written and directed by the late Adrienne Shelly, I've been anxiously awaiting the DVD release so I can watch it anytime I please. Keri Russell plays a pie-making waitress who becomes pregnant by her abusive husband — and is none-too-pleased about that. With the help of her two girlfriends and a sexy gynecologist, she gets through the pregnancy and learns the meaning of true love. Waitress is out on DVD November 27.
- The Brit Box — Fans of the Smiths, The Cure, The Sundays, or numerous other Brit pop bands will be salivating over this four-disc collection of hits, courtesy of Rhino. The set traces the rise of Cool Britannia, from early pace-setters like the Jesus and Mary Chain to superstars like Pulp and Oasis. Plus, the four discs and extensive book come packaged in an adorable box shaped like the classic UK phone booth. Check it out when it hits stores November 20.
- Gilmore Girls — Season Seven — Coming out November 13, this 6-disc set is an absolute must-have for any die-hard Gilmore Girls fan! Relive the final season with Rory, Lorelei, Luke, Sookie, Lane and the rest of the Stars Hollow gang.
- Listening Is an Act of Love — Four years ago, Story Corps started a national project to record oral histories — of your grandmother, your mother, even the stranger down the street. The group installed recording studios around the country to collect stories, and many of the recordings have since aired on public radio. This book, which will be released November 8, collects excerpts from some of the 10,000 stories recorded since the project began.
- Live Earth: The Concerts for a Climate in Crisis — According to Billboard, Warner Bros. is releasing a 1-CD/2-DVD package that encapsulates the Live Earth concerts held last July. Proceeds from the CD/DVD will benefit the Alliance for Climate Protection. You can see a whole track list for the CD/DVD set here.
- Nirvana: Unplugged in New York — Can you believe it's taken this long for Nirvana's MTV Unplugged performance to be released on DVD? The disc will be released November 20, nearly 14 years from when Nirvana originally did the show. The DVD features four tracks from the band's soundcheck, two unaired songs they performed, and previously unreleased behind-the-scenes footage.
- Hairspray — This summer's super fun song-and-dance extravaganza will hit the shelves (when else?) November 20.