Now that I've had a while to think through the new CW fall schedule, I have some thoughts on which news is good, which is bad and which is still a little baffling. Take a spin through my list, then let me know what you think. (Don't forget to look at my thoughts on the ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox schedules, too!)
- I know "Veronica Mars" didn't get great ratings, but I don't see the logic behind bringing back the Pussycat Dolls show instead. I really can't say it better than Daisie did: "Who would you rather empower your daughters? The Pussycat Dolls or Veronica Mars?"
- It could be because the CW's description of it is not very clear, but I don't understand how "Reaper" is going to work. So this kid finds out he's the devil's bounty hunter and he has to reclaim escaped souls. OK, are the souls just floating around invisible to the rest of us? Or have they taken the form of people? And if they're people, how exactly is a Dirt Devil vacuum going to capture them? I'm confused.
- "One Tree Hill" fans, what do you make of the plans to jump the show four years forward?
A couple more thoughts, so
- I must admit, I'm really looking forward to "Gossip Girl." I hope it can pick up some of the girl-positive momentum the network had with "Gilmore Girls" and "Veronica Mars" and doesn't become a weak, whiny Mean Girls-lite.
- Anyone going to watch "CW Now" or "Online Nation"? Anyone? That's what I thought.
- I'm prematurely dreading both "Crowned" and "Farmer Wants a Wife," while at the same time thinking they both sound like awesome guilty pleasures. I'm such a hypocrite.
Photo courtesy of The CW