You guys! I didn't realize how invested I was in the So You Think You Can Dance top six until Thursday's elimination show. Was that some emotion I felt? Some tears, even? Why, yes.
Fact is, I really don't feel like I'm done watching any of these six dancers — a feeling that didn't really set in until their group dance to "The Rose," a gorgeous number that gave me real, honest-to-goodness chills. This season might have started out kind of rocky, and it took a while for me to become attached to any of the dancers, but I really adored this final group.
Of course, that top six has now been cut to a top four, awaiting next week's finale where America's Favorite Dancer will be crowned. So who will get the chance to compete? To find out, just
In some ways, I feel like all my dreams came true! Joshua, Katee, Twitch, and Courtney will be dancing in the finale next week, the four I said I hoped would make it after Wednesday's performance night. (I even did a little jumping up and down when Courtney made it — I really didn't think she had a chance. ) I don't think I fully realized, though, how sad I would be to see Chelsie and Mark go. At least they got to go together; I think they were both at their best when they were dancing with each other.
Official Chelsie and Mark Memorial Photo:
So now, I'm left with a pretty unique situation as far as reality shows go: a finale where I would honestly be happy to see any of the remaining contenders win. I can't begin to predict the winner at this point, and I don't even feel confident guessing the gender. What about you? Willing to go out on a limb and say whether the winner will be a guy or a girl?
Some other thoughts on Thursday's show:
- Whoa, Mandy Moore! Been a while since we saw her, huh?
- Cat was so cute dancing in the wind fan. I want her to be my best friend.
- I don't know what the voting numbers tend to be for SYTYCD — but the fact that all six dancers got more than a million votes seems pretty impressive to me. Loved watching the reactions, especially Joshua's gaping mouth.
- Speaking of which, Joshua got his braces off! I know this post so far has been pretty much nothing but "squeeeee!" over and over again, but really, what a cutie.
- Lil' Demon was also totally adorable, but I might have been happier about the whole thing if it had looked like he was having any fun at all.
- Do or Don't: Lady GaGa's super-high-cut leotard?
So, next week's the big one! What are you hoping for from this year's finale? Which choreographers' work would you like to see? And do you think either Mark or Chelsie got robbed?
Photos courtesy of Fox