Four years ago, I made the big move from Orlando, Fla., to Austin, Texas to become a freshman at the University of Texas at Austin. Even though Austin is the most liberal and eccentric city in Texas, it stays true to Texas staples, like football, cowboy boots and honky-tonk country music. Coming from Orlando, I never listened to country music, and better yet, anytime I listened to a country song, I'd fall asleep. It wasn't until Ms. Taylor Swift bridged the country and pop world together when I started to open my mind to actually listening to the likes of Brad Paisley and Billy Currington.
But to those country-music skeptics who think the genre is a joke: Why don't you sample some of these songs listed below, and then get back to me. I find these songs to be crazy-catchy, so much so that you'll be wanting to two-step in no time:
1. "Taste" - Josh Abbott Band
2. "Why Don't We Just Dance" - Josh Turner
3. "Then" - Brad Paisley
4. "Chicken Fried" - Zac Brown Band
5. "Lookin' For a Good Time" - Lady Antebellum
To see the rest of the suggestions, just keep reading.
6. "Boots On" - Randy Houser
7. "Wild At Heart" - Gloriana
8. "I Know You Won't" - Carrie Underwood
9. "Don't" - Billy Currington
10. "Eight Second Ride" - Jake Owen
Want to see your OnSugar post featured on BuzzSugar? Just start your own blog, and if you write about anything entertainment-related, you may see it here!