Last week we learned that Ian Somerhalder has his eye on the part of Christian Grey in the big-screen adaption of Fifty Shades of Grey. This week, it looks like he's got some competition, fellow member of the TV undead, Alexander Skarsgard. Rumors about the casting piqued your interest, and we were curious to hear what you had to say on the Ian vs. Alexander debate of 2012. Other topics that got you talking were the photos of the new lucky (or unlucky, depending on how the new season pans out) suitors vying for The Bachelorette's attention and the eerie third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises.
- "I love it! I really like how Chris Nolan keeps every detail on secret. Can't wait to see it!" — Christie0010
- "Wow, the suspense is killing me! Nolan is brilliant!" — gd101
- "I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt and he so reminds me of Heath Ledger, wonder if I'm the only one who feels this way." — jaan_black
To see how guys felt about 50 Shades of Grey and more, just read more.
- "If you read the description of the character, Alexander fits it perfectly. With the exception of his age, he could easily be Christian. His True Blood experience would give him an edge over the competition. Nudity? Check. Sexy? Check. Dark? Check. Smart? Check. Universal are you listening?" — pbartteacher
- "Sorry, but I just don't see him as Christian. Ian is perfect for the part. Tousled hair, dark, smoldering stare — this is Ian, not Alex. I love him in True Blood, but here I say no." — emiad
- "Yes please! I can absolutely see that. Give his hair some reddish tint, and um . . . yum. I may need to re-read now, just to cast it and watch it play out in my head. Girls, quit picking out cute, sweet looking boys with no fire. Christian has dark and evil inside him, with a puppy dog side that can get brought out. Christian needs real fire in him." — Cassie2645926
- "Yikes! I'm hoping it's just a bad picture for some of these guys." — likethedirection
- "None of them look particularly clever. Let's hope they at least have a sense of humor." — noonehere
- "Arie sure is cute!" — Angelica
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures