As I mentioned earlier today, there's a chance the most recent episode of Friday Night Lights could be the end of the show forever. Can't let that happen? Across the Internet, a variety of fan-driven movements are starting up to lobby for keeping the show on the air. Here's how to get involved:
- The folks at Best Week Ever have a whole FNL booster club going on, complete with a petition to save the show and an initiative to send light bulbs to NBC to urge the network to keep the lights on. They write: "Light bulbs are cheap, easy to come by, and if they break during shipping, the shattered glass might even seem vaguely threatening when NBC opens the package. Sort of like, 'You try to take away our Panthers, and we might just cut you.'"
- This campaign is trying to raise money to send mini footballs to NBC. This one's similar to that Jericho nuts campaign in that you donate money that will go to a group shipment of footballs. Each dollar gets you one football, and the group is hoping to ship 2,500 footballs to NBC (they're at about 550 right now). You can also follow their efforts on MySpace and Facebook.
- Another Facebook group is organizing to send bottles of Clear Eyes eyedrops to NBC, playing on the "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" motto.
- Give Me My Remote is encouraging fans to make videos explaining why they love Friday Night Lights. She'll collect them all and send them on to NBC.
- E!'s Watch With Kristin has a few simple recommendations for how to help the show get renewed: Buy the DVDs or watch episodes online to get some FNL buzz going.
- There's also another online petition to save the show.
Will any of these many efforts work? I'm sure any Jericho fan would say it doesn't hurt to try. So, what are you waiting for? If you love the show, get watching, writing, video making, and light bulb, football, and eye drop shopping!
Photo courtesy of NBC