Mad Men proved to be a hot topic of discussion among many of you this week, as did the season finale of True Blood. Since we've already talked about the latter subject at length, let's take a look at what else was buzz-worthy this week.
How do you like your Don Draper?
- "I thought this was a terrible episode. The last thing I want to know is exactly what Don is thinking; the mystery of his mind is part of his appeal as a character. This episode takes that away and turns him into, in his words, a little girl. That's not the Don I know." — M5F6
- "While it's necessary to begin to pull Don out of his cycle of self flagellation, I doubt that he's going to dry out, marry Dr. Faye, and live happily ever after. I've got a feeling that something nasty is headed his way." — onlysourcherry
- "I hate to say this but I don't want to see Don with any woman right now. I would like to see Betty alone too. I think she has a lot of problems that we will soon find out about as well. It's only a matter of time before we find out that Betty and Don are not that different." — care0531
Joaquin Phoenix and Christian Bale coming up when you read more.
Casey Affleck's dead to us, but Joaquin gets a pass?
- "Obnoxious. Obnoxious. Obnoxious. Ruined Casey (and maybe Joaquin...) for me." — Molly
- "Agree. Ruined Casey. Still have hope for Joaquin — he's such a great actor that his involvement in this baffles me." — white rabbit
- "I'm just glad they finally admitted it was fake so I can resume my delusions that one day I will madly and passionately make out with Joaquin..." — Joygirl
Three cheers for The Fighter trailer
- "I am such a sucker for a boxing movie. There is no way I'm going to miss this. Christian Bale's Oscar nomination is guaranteed (I hope!)." — Miss Shapes
- "Can't wait to see this! I've been waiting for this to come out for a while. Oh Christian Bale." — wolfjinx25
- "I will watch Marky Mark in anything." — nomerz