Ah, "Gilmore Girls." You have served us well! The series finale this week included all our favorite things: crazy townspeople antics, Rory-Loralei speed-talking conversations and some Loralei-Luke excitement. It's sort of like they've been honing their hearstring-pulling ways for seven years, just to make this final episode. When Rory says to Loralei "Mom, you've given me everything I need," was there a dry eye in the house? I think not. To relive some of last night's bittersweet moments,
Some of my favorite parts:
- Kirk, placing Rory's sash on her, saying, "I made it out of my mom's old nightgowns."
- Normally, I would have said the whole Loralei-Luke kiss thing felt really rushed, but those "Gilmore Girls" writers are forgiven in the spirit of series finales.
- Loralei, intending to say she should have gotten Rory a traveling coffee mug, exclaims, "I should have gotten you a sippy cup!"
- I love Loralei's reasoning for why Rory should sit in the back of the bus, where "people just tend to be more chatty."
- I take comfort in the fact that Loralei will continue going to her parents for the Friday night dinners. It makes me feel like this isn't the end; we may not see it, but life in Stars Hollow will continue as usual.
What did you think of the series finale of "Gilmore Girls"?
Photo courtesy of the CW