Growing up, I would watch action movies with my dad all the time. The explosions, car chases, and elaborate ass-kickings still entertain me to this day. Some movies are a little cornier than others. I'm waiting for a list challenge for favorite action movies.
My favorite action heroes:
10. Will Turner, Pirates of the Caribbean — Okay, so he's not a true "action hero" per se. But I can't lie. The sight of Orlando tossing around a sword made my heart skip a beat.
9. Iron Man, Iron Man — A charismatic, narcissistic super hero? I dig it. And he has so much less emotional baggage than #6.
8. Neo, The Matrix Trilogy — I had to include Neo. He's The One, after all. It takes a lot to play a convincing machine gun-wielding, mind-bending savior of mankind (and against a green screen no less. Yes, King Leonidas got heavy consideration but I favored a few other mythical men below . . . ).
7. Maximus, Gladiator — Simply stated, his performance echoes in eternity.
6. Batman, Batman Begins — Gone are the days of the lip gloss, bat suit with nipples, and laughable dialogue. Batman has graduated to a legit caped BAMF.
To see Reesiecup's top five, just
5. Achilles, Troy — Take away the sweat and loin cloth and you have that perfectly chiseled Brad Pitt with a tan. If that's not incentive enough to earn him a spot on this list, I don't know what is.
4. The Terminator, Terminator movies — Just your average cyborg next door who keeps coming back.
3. Sigourney Weaver, Aliens — Not your typical damsel in distress.
2. The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 — C'mon. Who would dare cross Uma Thurman now? She will cross the Atlantic just to mark you off her list.
1. Jason Bourne, The Bourne Triology — Who would've thought that Matt Damon would be such an action stud? He's like the MacGuyver of killing. He could kill someone with a pencil. And if the thought of Jason Bourne with a pencil makes my blood pressure increase slightly, he deserves to top this list.