My sister recently made the tough decision to break up with her boyfriend . . . and let's just say it wasn't their first break-up. Anyway, I've been a good listener (I think), but now I want to do something else to make her feel better, and what better medicine is there than a mixtape? You're right: there is none. Now, there are plenty of songs about heartbreak I could have put on here, but I don't want this to be that kind of mix. (There is also no "I Will Survive," because, eh.) I want this group of tracks to inspire her and make her feel like there is an end in sight after all that heartbreak, without being songs that ignore the problem at hand. Enjoy.
1. "Better Things" by Passion Pit — Kicking it off with something more upbeat, one that reminds you that the best is yet to come.
2. "The Middle" Jimmy Eat World — "Everything everything will be just fine," because it will.
3. "Bulletproof" La Roux — Sometimes you need one tough girl to loan you some of her edge.
4. "Breakin' Up" Rilo Kiley — Nothing wrong with a very literal song in there.
5. "You Don't Know Me" Ben Folds and Regina Spektor — Words from your realist side.
6. "O.N.E." Yeasayer — Helps get you to the point of saying "you don't move me anymore."
To see the rest, just
7. "Cold Shoulder" Adele — Adele asks the tough relationship questions for you.
8. "Two Weeks" Grizzly Bear — The vocals on this just sound comforting.
9. "Walk Away" Kelly Clarkson — For the needed, ultra-pop song you can sing your lungs out to in the car.
10. "I've Got to Break Free" Queen — Freddie says it best: life still goes on.
11. "Shut Up and Let Me Go" The Ting Tings — Go ahead, get mad.
12. "Don't Stop" Fleetwood Mac — The capstone. Sample lyric: "If you wake up and don't want to smile, If it takes just a little while, Open your eyes and look at the day, You'll see things in a different way." Bonus points for its personal, sentimental value.
Want to see your community posts on BuzzSugar too? Just click here to join and you may get featured!