Among all the great entertainment in 2008, a few people clearly stood out. One of them was Tina Fey, the 30 Rock comedienne, Baby Mama star, and Sarah Palin impersonator extraordinaire. Why was this year so great for Fey? Let me count the ways:
- She dropped the hint that she wanted Oprah to come hang out on 30 Rock, and just a few months later, it totally happened — in one of the show's funniest episodes to date. Now that's power.
- With Baby Mama, she was part of a movie that was not just sweet and funny but also a box office winner.
- She got herself some hot onscreen dates, hooking up with Steve Carell for the forthcoming comedy Date Night and hiring Jon Hamm as a possible love interest on 30 Rock.
- With her Palin-esque "I can see Russia from my house," she became a great reason to watch SNL again.
- She's a Vanity Fair covergirl and a sought-after comedic author, the AP's entertainer of the year, and your favorite comedic actress of '08. A pretty good year, indeed!