Last night, while we said goodbye to Gossip Girl for awhile, we welcomed back Jenny (with a scream) and evil Chuck. We also got a good solid storyline for the friendship between Blair and Serena, something that has been fairly lacking thus far. All in all, it served well as a makeshift finale and had its share of drama. Now, lets just keep our fingers crossed that it comes back sooner rather than later. Here are my thoughts:
- Before we begin, check out Fab's fashion quiz, Bella's beauty quiz and Geek's tech quiz on last night's episode.
- While we may never know who Gossip Girl is, she's got eyes and spies everywhere, and the episode kicked off when Serena's private moment buying a pregnancy test ends up on the wily internet. Cue rumor mill.
- Little Jenny broke our eardrums as she reemerged on the show. Maybe Taylor Momsen's been off at Paranoid Park, but apparently Jenny's been holding her place on the social ladder with her lunch on the steps with Blair and crew. You know, a few steps down, of course. But I'm happy to say that her sassiness was mostly good this episode rather than horrible. So maybe there is hope yet that Jenny will be catty but awesome.
To see the rest of my thoughts, and reflect on our saying goodbye to the gossip kids for a while, just read more
- I never thought I'd say this, but boo for no real parent plotline this episode. Well, I guess there was a Rufus story and I should give up on him and Lily for now, but those new girls seem annoying. At least Dan and Jenny are all about their dad being such a stud.
- Blah, blah, blah Dan is the perfect boyfriend. And Serena is kinda annoying about it, no? "I need to know why you love me." I mean that whole scene was a little over the top. I assume I may be alone in that one, and those of you who love Dan/Serena probably thought that was the sweetest scene ever. I fully know I may be too jaded to appreciate it.
- Blair had some great one-liners this episode. "Maybe I am a total b*tch. Did you ever think about that?" and "I'm sorry if unlike some people I haven't been on the pill since I was 15." She was on fire when she was in denial mode.
- Did anyone else think that no matter what her motive, it was totally and completely wrong for Serena to tell Chuck about Blair's pregnancy scare? Blair had full right to be pissed off, even if she wasn't totally honest with Serena about the situation.
- And how about Jenny telling Nate about Chuck? Scandalous. Thankfully, Eric is wise in the ways of eavesdropping and can easily tell that's how the information got from Serena to Dan to Jenny to Nate.
- Love love loved that Chuck wrote into Gossip Girl himself about Blair. How often has he been doing that?
- Also, way to bring back evil, mean Chuck with a vengeance! How about when he compared Blair to his father's Arabian horses, saying she was "rode hard and put away wet"? And this doozy, "I don't want you, and I don't see how anyone else would." Yikes.
- And just like that, with one salacious scandal, Jenny is the new Queen B? When we catch up with them, will she already be dating Nate?
- I'm glad that Serena went and stopped Blair from running away. And I do love Serena because she's still best friends with Blair — though really, Blair's bark is worse than her bite. What a way to end it. "Who's going down next? Everybody, if Blair has anything to do with it."
So our beloved Gossip Girl went out on a high note, eh? What will you be missing most about the show now that it's gone for a while? What did you think about last night's episode? Is Jenny good or bad or both? Do Serena and Dan bug anyone else? Should we reminisce about our favorite episodes this season? xoxo
Photos courtesy of The CW