This week's Gossip Girl is a big improvement over last week's, just because things (ridiculous things!) are happening, for once. Chuck and Blair reunite to save Serena, Vanessa and Dan drink together, Nate gets an apartment in Murray Hill, and we learn Rufus is a huge dummy with money. Oh, and Georgina is back, and the girl is saved, which is a very fun twist indeed. I'm excited to talk about this one, so let's get started! Just read more.
- Blair is still talking smack about NYU ("You know how I feel about ironic facial hair") and even finds a way to toss in the word "patchouli." We get it! Blair thinks every school that's not Yale is full of dirty, stinky hipsters and hippies. Find a new joke.
- Blair's also allergic to the subway, which is to be expected but is funny nonetheless: "It's full of middle-class professionals!"
- Meanwhile, Rufus talks money and real estate with his kids. I love how when Rufus is like, "Kids, I can get a good deal if I sell," Dan utters the most ridiculously un-high-school-boy thing to say ever: "You didn't get soaked when the real estate bubble burst?" Such poignant cultural details!
- Things that creeped me out this episode include Rufus once again inappropriately confiding in Vanessa about money troubles. Are they going to hook up or something?
- Another thing that creeped me out is this idea of Rufus and Lily going on a double-date with Gabriel and Serena. When they're all hanging out together in the living room, there's a lot of PDA going on from both couples, and I just found it to be icky.
- How amazing is Chuck's outfit when he's playing basketball with Nate? I think he has on a silk tie underneath a polo shirt with a velour track suit. It's the sweetest basketball getup of all time.
- How are you all feeling about Nate and Blair together? My brain won't accept it, so when Nate gets possessive and jealous it just weirds me out.
- It even weirds Chuck out: "If you need to mark your territory so badly, Nathaniel, maybe you should just pee on her." Best line in weeks!
- Speaking of creepy again: That's what Gabriel is. And I love that Blair is honest with Serena about how shady he is ("North Caroliar") even though she actually doesn't have really solid evidence (the whole Butter thing is laughable).
- The girls' fight is fun, though. Blair: "He fell in love with you while you were roofied! How romantic!" Serena: "So Chuck and Nate are obsessed with you, but my boyfriend can't stay faithful for seven days?!"
- I like how Serena's big zinger to Blair is that Nate wasn't always faithful to her. Um. Serena? He cheated with you. Good job trying to prove that Blair is a bad friend for not supporting your relationship, since you sort of committed the ultimate in not supporting a friend's relationship by boinking said friend's boyfriend.
- How cute are Blair and Chuck waking up in a limo holding hands? What? I found it touching.
- I love the Georgina religious camp! The prayer circles Chuck walks through, the pastel colors — awesome.
So clearly, Gabriel and Poppy's big plan is to use Serena to steal all the rich people's money. But instead, they're going to just get all of Rufus's money because . . . he is so dumb. What is he thinking?! And why did the mention of Blair's name make Georgina's eyes light up? Revenge? A soul to save? Georgina is back (I know because they played "URA Fever" again)!
What did you guys think of this episode?
Photos courtesy of The CW