On this week's Gossip Girl, Jenny gets edgy, you guys! In other words, she piles on the eyeliner and makes some questionable friends. It's all part of Little J coming into her own and finding her way in the cutthroat fashion biz. This time around, she does need someone to save her from herself, though — hmm, is it her dad? Her brother?
The rest of the episode belongs to Blair, who spends the evening longing for Chuck and soliciting love advice from a most unexpected person. Oh, and Serena hovers around Dan a lot, hoping to give the friendship thing the old college try, but it turns out she has another motivation as well. The drama! Ready to discuss? Just
- First of all, I was just getting my Chinese food situated when the show opened, and I couldn't believe I was basically seeing a Blair masturbation scene. And then Dorota scolds her with "God is always watching," and I knew I hadn't imagined it. So, um, tell me what you thought of that opening! Yowza. We're not in '90s teen dramas anymore, Toto.
- Then we fly right from Blair's den of self-love over to the wholesome Humphrey pad, where Jenny premieres her new haircut. Yay or nay?
- And then she has what I'm sure many a female fan of the show has dreamed of: a run-in with a half-naked Nate on his way out of the bathroom. I would have been so stoked as a teenager if my parents let Nate live with us.
- This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me: Dan wants to do his best to be a nice guy and stay friends with Serena, so to do that, he has to befriend Blair? The biggest perk of breaking up with Serena for poor Dan is supposed to be ridding himself of her insufferably self-absorbed friends ("You have to help me to destroy Chuck Bass!"). He's a pushover.
- Dan's advice session with Blair is pretty entertaining, though. Blair: "I have an itch that only Chuck can scratch!" And when she tells Dan she doesn't want to tell Chuck she loves him, Dan responds, "Why don’t you just say it and get what you want? Frat guys have been doing that since forever." I doubt Cappie sees it that way.
- Jenny just got her dad to let her be home schooled, and then she goes and lets a model (Agnes) talk her into imploding her entire situation with Eleanor? Do you think Jenny had no choice but to stand up for her designs, or should she be humble and wait her turn?
- Agnes mentioned Nylon magazine a lot last night. Made me feel like it was the definitive arbiter of cool or something.
- How hilarious is the whole thing with that guy Max taking pictures of the girls in the bar? It gets really awkward when Max just sticks the camera in Jenny's face and snaps away. I would have been like, "Dude. Give the camera a rest."
- Blair's attempt to throw herself at Chuck, like when she "oops!" spills a drink on his pants and tries to wipe it up, gave way to some amazing Chuck Bass lines: "I gave you a shot, and while your efforts were admirable, I’m bored. You ruined my pants."
- How do you all like Aaron the artist, the new guy Serena has a crush on? I felt like he was a "meh" in the cute department.
- Vanessa gets upset with Dan for befriending Blair and tells him about last week's twisted game, concluding that "Chuck wound up being the more human of the two."
- If Blair's opening scene wasn't boundary pushing enough, the folks of GG thought they'd throw in young teens dancing around in their bras for good measure. Jenny! Those photos are going on the Internet immediately! What generation were you born into that you don't realize how inevitable this is?! Sigh.
- Nate is concerned, and Jenny doesn't get it! Why is he so concerned? He's not her brother or her dad! Turns out he's into her. Jenny and Nate! Making out! Will they fall in love? Will Vanessa be mad? Will Rufus tolerate Nate in his house now that he's got eyes for his daughter?
Do you like the idea of Aaron and Serena? Were you satisfied with Blair and Chuck's "can't live with you, can't live without you" sad conclusion? Did you see Jenny and Nate coming, or were you surprised? And was it a happy surprise or a bad surprise?
To see how to get all the fashion from this episode, check out CelebStyle!
Photos courtesy of The CW