Every Friday, we round up the week's best, funniest, strangest, and most embarrassing moments in television for your amusement.
- NBC has been airing promos for its new reality show, "You're the One That I Want," in which thousands compete to play Sandy and Danny in a Broadway production of Grease. It looks both horrifying and completely addictive. I can't decide if my favorite part is the tortured yelp from a Sandy hopeful when another woman literally throws her aside, or when one wannabe Danny knees another in the crotch. Observe:
- From the "Nip/Tuck" season finale: As Sean is packing up his house to move to LA, the couple moving in are burning sage to rid the house of bad vibes. The wife tells the husband to burn some near the TV, “just in case they watch one of those dirty cable TV shows.”
- The grand prize money on "The Biggest Loser" came from ... Jell-O? Seriously? If I lost more than half my body weight, I'm not sure I'd want to be reminded of things that jiggle.
- TV Cocktail spotted the ladies of "The View" sipping from mug featuring their own disembodied heads floating among snowflakes. Though I find it slightly disturbing, it was a big hit in the ABC store, where the mugs are no longer available for pre-holiday delivery. I hope at least a few of those were gag gifts.
- So Dr. Phil invites on the guy behind those horrifying Bumfights videos, shows the clips on TV, then refuses to interview their creator — who is dressed to look exactly like Dr. Phil. Um. I don't quite know what to say, but Popwatch does.
- From "The O.C." Chrismukkah special:
(Kaitlin puts a bottle of wine in the cooler to take to family Christmas in Riverside.)
Julie: No, honey, I told you my family only drinks wine coolers.
Kaitlin: We’re having a very Britney Christmas, mother.
Julie: Yes, watch out: I might put you on my lap while we drive out there.
- This picture will keep me laughing all weekend.
- "How many pills have you taken?" "Not nearly as many as I'm going to take." — Wilson and House on "House"
- On "30 Rock", Liz's ex-boyfriend Dennis moves out after their breakup, but he leaves behind a truly romantic card: "I know this might be emotional for you, so there's a meatball sub in the fridge."
- From this week's "Scrubs":
Turk: "Do NOT tell my daughter she has a vagina! I'm serious."
JD: "It may have already come up."
For the rest of the week's highlights, read more