Every Friday, we'll round up the week's best, funniest, strangest, and most embarrassing moments in television for your amusement.
- MTV’s new reality show, "24/7," centers around a group of conveniently diverse guy “friends” who are trying to make it in L.A. My favorite moment: Flaky musician Cipes swears by the power of infusing one’s food with “good vibes." Tenderly touching his water glass, he says: “I’m doing affirmations on my water… You should write ‘I love you’ on your water because it changes the molecules on your water. It helps." Helps with what? Apparently, with getting a late-night reality show on MTV.
- In this week's final "Gilmore Girls" before the hiatus, Kirk is selling wrapping paper in competition with the town's middle school kids:
Miss Patty: I already bought my wrapping paper from the kids from the Stars Hollow Middle School.
Kirk: Well, then you got ripped off... Those kids are gouging you.
- This week, Regis grilled Derek Jeter about his male relationships, though he took the subject to a whole new, kinda creepy place. -Best Week Ever
- While Tyra Banks has been growing larger and more in charger with time, at least she's been keeping it real. Real crazy. In this week's "America's Next Top Model" finale, there was discussion about hopeful CariDee being too "unpredictable," and Jay astutely pointed out that "everyone at this table is unpredictable." To which Tyra responded:
"I'm not unpredictable, child, you know I'm gonna have a hair weave, a bunch of makeup on, and a dress that's cinched in my waist."
Any shred of glossiness to that show has fully disintegrated.
- In Thursday's episode of "Scrubs," Elliot coaches Carla through labor by telling her to think of herself as a tube of toothpaste, but instead of squeezing out minty gel, "it's a little black baby."
- "I want to be known as the girl who did the Heisman Trophy pose naked in Playboy. Because who has done the Heisman Trophy pose naked before?! NOBODY!" -Kendra, "The Girls Next Door"
- "I just felt like a stupid." -Bridget, "The Girls Next Door"
For the rest of this week's highlights,