Award season is about to kick into seriously high gear, but first we'll get to walk on the lighter side. The People's Choice Awards are just hours away, ready to award favorites chosen by the public. Stars ranging from the Twilight kids to Natalie Portman will take the stage, plus a performance by Kid Rock. We'll be right there in the thick of it, from the red carpet to backstage, so be sure to check back in later for all the fun — including a live stream!.
Though it's not the most prestigious award show, I'm actually excited to see how the faceoffs will shake out. Will the Twi-hards have their way in every category? Here are some of the matchups I'll be keeping an eye on.
- Favorite movie actor: Johnny Depp took home most of the actor awards last year (including favorite actor of the decade). That said, can he take down teen heartthrob Robert Pattinson? It's the battle of the sexiest, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.
- Favorite TV drama: House has taken home the gold the past three years, but I'm curious whether the doctors can hold their own against a bunch of vampires. Now that The Vampire Diaries has a strong fan base, will the youngins take down the veterans who have been voting for years?
- Favorite female artist: Many of you didn't agree with Taylor Swift's Entertainer of the Year title, so will that affect her chances at tonight's show? Katy Perry was huge in 2010 and Lady Gaga is always a formidable opponent, so I'll be watching closely to see who the public crowns as their Queen.
- Favorite star under 25: Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are nominated for this one, but will they split the Twilight vote and make way for another nominee? Even if their fans pledge allegiance to either Edward or Bella, who do you think will take home the statue?
- Favorite TV guest star: Neil Patrick Harris took home the Emmy in this category, but there are two women with more rabid fans: Betty White and Britney Spears. So, who's it gonna be: the pop princess or the sassy senior citizen? My money's on Betty, though a surprise appearance from Spears would make for great TV.
Two more hot matchups when you