When last we heard about Farragut North, we knew the following things:
- It was a politically charged drama coming to Broadway under the direction of Mike Nichols.
- Jake Gyllenhaal is starring in the stage version.
- George Clooney and Matt Damon were reportedly buying up the film rights.
Now, there's new news about the project:
- Clooney will direct the film version.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, not Jake Gyllenhaal, will apparently take on the role of the protagonist, a "young communications director who works for a fast-rising presidential candidate."
- Still no word on whether Clooney will also star in the film version, but looking at these two side by side like this, I certainly hope he does.