This Sunday June 1, the MTV Movie Awards will strike again and while they aren't the most prestigious awards around, they at least get creative with their nomination categories. My favorite: Best Kiss.
Here are the nominees:
- Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey, Enchanted
- Briana Evigan and Robert Hoffman, Step Up 2 the Streets
- Shia LaBeouf and Sarah Roemer, Disturbia
- Ellen Page and Michael Cera, Juno
- Daniel Radcliffe and Katie Leung, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I would love it if Ellen Page and Michael Cera won and then reenacted their kiss during the acceptance speech. But I have a feeling The LaBeouf will take that win.
Anyway, is it just me or were there some way better kisses this year than these nominees? There's a great scene in Waitress where Kerri Russell's character imagines a gorgeous kiss with her doctor friend (Nathan Fillion, anyone?) for example. Or hello? The library kisses between Keira Knightley and James McAvoy in Atonement!
Do you agree with this list or are there others you would add? What were some of the great on-screen kisses of the year (and by "this year" I guess we're talking all or most of 2007 since Disturbia came out in April of that year)?