ABC is tackling a bizarre business with Mind Games, a new hour-long drama starring Christian Slater and Steve Zahn. The two play brothers and partners; one is a smooth schmuck, and the other is an expert in human behavior who happens to have bipolar disorder. The show premieres tonight, but is it worth your time? I got a peek at the pilot, so read on to find out if you'll like it.
- What it's about: Ross (Slater) and Clark (Zahn) are in the business of manipulation. Their new company, which focuses on influencing events so that odds turn out in their clients' favor, is just getting off the ground. Clark, a world-renowned expert in human behavior, psychology, and motivation, serves as the idea man. Unfortunately, his bipolar disorder is a constant threat to the company's success, as is Ross's sketchy past and ambiguous morals.
- Where it works: Zahn is incredible, and there are a couple of intriguing scenes in the pilot that make me curious as to how the relationship between the brothers will progress.
- Where it doesn't: I'm still trying to wrap my head around what this company actually does. Hopefully future episodes can clarify this a bit.
- You might like this show if: You've been sad since Lie to Me was canceled.
- When it's on: Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC, starting Feb. 25
Watch a preview of Mind Games: