A couple of years ago, I was dating a guy who, two months into our relationship, informed me that he would be leaving as soon as the summer began. In his words: "I'm quitting my job to travel." Seriously, people do this? I was incredibly bummed, of course — but also, admittedly jealous. So to prep for his departure — first stop, Italy! — I made him a mix CD. It was a small gesture to live vicariously through him, show that I was thinking about him, and all right, I hoped that by blasting my gift in his ear over the course of his trip, he literally wouldn't be able to get me out of his head.
I tried not to get too mushy with my song picks, but instead, include some upbeat stuff good for long bus rides. The one requisite: they all had to have a European city or country's name in the title. So without further ado, I'd like to share the track list with you. I've since swapped around a few picks and added in some new Corinne Bailey Rae and Rufus Wainwright to conclude the mix in New York, my stomping grounds. Otherwise, it's mostly the same. Hope you like, whether you're visiting Europe this summer or not!
1. "London Bye Ta Ta," David Bowie
2. "Amsterdam," Peter Bjorn and John
3. "Holland, 1945," Neutral Milk Hotel
To see the rest of braddybradshaw's mix,
4. "Barcelona," The Plasticines
5. "Kingdom of Spain," The Decemberists
6. "Postcards from Italy," Beirut
7. "Rome," Phoenix
8. "Paris Nights/New York Mornings," Corinne Bailey Rae
9. "Who Are You New York?," Rufus Wainwright
10. "Whole Wide World," The Mountain Goats
Want to see your community posts on BuzzSugar too? Just click here to join and you may get featured!