The latest episode of Glee, "The Power of Madonna," was one of my favorite episodes of all time, so the news that there may be another Madonna-filled ep in the Fall is just icing on the cake. The only question is, what songs should they do? My answer is right here, with the tracks the glee club passed on this week but should pick up next time. (And by the by, don't forget to enter my awesome Glee giveaway.)
- "Material Girl" — This one is so obvious I wondered why it wasn't in this week's Glee. The only question is, who could sing it? My vote goes to Brittany, who hasn't yet had a solo, but delights me each week with her dry one-liners.
- "Hung Up" — It's also time for Terri to get her shot in the spotlight, and the brokenhearted but upbeat number would be perfect for her to express her feelings about losing Mr. Schue.
- "Dress You Up" — We know that Kurt is supposed to get a boyfriend sometime soon, and this sartorial-themed crush song is perfect for the fashionista male.
To see more of my Madonna wishlist, just
- "Crazy For You" — I always enjoy a lovelorn ballad from Rachel, and wouldn't mind her singing this for Finn ( . . . or Jesse). Plus I just freaking love this song.
- "Into the Groove" — Can't you hear the whole club singing this song?
- "Music" — Ditto for the whole club. You know Rachel would point at that kid who only breakdances and he'd bust out some sweet moves.
- "Lucky Star" — New couple Artie and Tina are due for a duet! This track, with its new relationship feel, would work.
- "Cherish" — Quinn needs a solo soon, and her angelic voice would be so cute singing this to her baby.
- "Take a Bow" — Mercedes could make this bittersweet classic sound epic, thanks to her pipes.
- "I'll Remember" — It's obvious Rachel and Jesse are headed toward a breakup, and she channels all of her emotion into her performances, so I could see her tackling this sentimental tune.
What Madonna tracks do you hope the gleeks sing? Oh, and remember that you can always join the Glee Club group in the Buzz Community to dish anytime!
Photo courtesy of Fox