It's a busy time for Tinseltown:
- Another 20-something city girl: Anne Hathaway will play the lead role in the film version of a book I really enjoyed: The Opposite of Love. The movie is about "a commitment-phobic attorney who finds her well-constructed life coming apart at the seams when she rebuffs her ready-for-marriage boyfriend."
- Before I was legend: Well, it's official — Will Smith will reprise his role as Dr. Robert Neville in an I Am Legend prequel. This movie "will cover the final days of humanity in New York City before a man-made virus creates a plague that wipes out the population, leaving Neville alone with the mutated inhabitants."
- What's the latest in vampire news, Buzz?: Funny you should ask! Cloverfield director Matt Reeves's next project is a "vampire tale" titled Let the Right One In, a remake of a Swedish film about "a young boy who befriends a female neighbor who moves to town." I bet she's not your ordinary neighbor.
- More vampires, not so much movie related: Mostly I'm just excited about this news because it's about Guillermo del Toro (yay!!) who "is collaborating with crime author Chuck Hogan on a trilogy of vampire novels, starting next Summer with The Strain. I love that guy (del Toro, not Chuck Hogan).
Depp, Oprah, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers news if you read more.
- Disney just loves Johnny Depp, but then again, who doesn't? Along with taking on the role of the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Disney announced that Johnny Depp will also star in a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and he will star as Tonto in The Lone Ranger.
- O, that voice! In more Disney news, Oprah Winfrey will give voice to Eudora in the New Orleans-set animated princess movie, The Princess and the Frog.
- Wondering what Jonathan Rhys Meyers is up to these days? Well, I'll tell ya. Meyers is teaming up with John Travolta in the thriller From Paris With Love. The story follows "a young embassy worker and an American secret agent who cross paths while working on a high-risk mission in Paris." Travolta, though? Really?