canceled The Event and Law & Order: Los Angeles. But let's look to the future — here are the pilots NBC has just picked up, which star a host of familiar faces like Debra Messing, Will Arnett, Amanda Peet, and more.
- Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea: Based on Chelsea Handler's best-selling memoir about her life as a twentysomething. Laura Prepon stars in the Chelsea role.
- Free Agents: A male and female PR agent who are both on the rebound (Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn) fight their attraction to each other in this remake of a British sitcom of the same name.
- Bent: Amanda Peet plays a divorced single mom who falls for the contractor she hired to do work on her house, played by Perfect Couples's David Walton.
- Best Friends Forever: A woman moves in with her best friend, even though the best friend is already living with her boyfriend.
- Up All Night: Christina Applegate stars as a woman juggling work and motherhood. Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett costar, and Lorne Michaels is producing.
- Whitney: Comedienne Whitney Cummings headlines this sitcom as one half of a young couple figuring out their committed relationship.
To find out about NBC's new dramas, just read more.
- The Playboy Club: The period drama is set in Chicago's Playboy Club in 1963 and features an ensemble cast that includes David Krumholtz, Amber Heard, Eddie Cibrian, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum.
- Grimm: A police detective discovers the creatures from fairy tales are real, and now must protect humankind from them.
- Smash: This musical drama follows a group of people putting on a Broadway play about Marilyn Monroe. Debra Messing, Katharine McPhee, and Anjelica Huston star.
- Awake: A police detective (Jason Isaacs, aka Lucius Malfoy) wakes up after a car accident and finds himself alternating between two different realities: one where his wife is still alive and one where his son is still alive.
- Prime Suspect: Maria Bello plays a tough NYC detective in this UK remake (Helen Mirren had the role in the original).