- Cook-ing the competition. American Idol garnered the most viewers amongst its competitors both Tuesday and Wednesday night with 26.1 and 30.6 million viewers respectively. Still, despite the record-breaking 97 million votes cast, the season finale, where David Cook was crowned the winner, was down slightly (130,000 viewers) from last season's finale.
- Kristi Yamaguchi dances a lil' worse than Helio Castroneves. Monday night's season finale of Dancing with the Stars awarded Kristi Yamaguchi the season six win. It also captured 19.9 million viewers, down from last season's 20.2 million.
- Kristi outperforms those who think they can dance. While Dancing with the Stars was the clear dance winner of the week, the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance drew in 8.6 million viewers, down nearly a million from last season.
- A paler shade of Grey. Despite ending with a respectable 17.8 million viewers, the two-hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy was down a staggering 4.8 million viewers from last season's finale. Similarly, the season finale of Ugly Betty was down almost 2 million.
- Hot gossip. Gossip Girl brought in 3 million viewers for its season finale on Monday. This helped provide the CW with its best rating in history among the 18 to 49 year-old demographic.
Photo courtesy of Fox