- I predict a long life for this one. CBS's The Mentalist, about a faux-psychic who helps solve crimes, had a strong premiere on Tuesday with 15.6 million viewers.
- Less heroic. Heroes had a rough outing in its season premiere, drawing 9.9 million viewers — which matches its lowest episode rating ever.
- Ugly, grey Thursday. Ugly Betty struggled a little in its season premiere, while Grey's Anatomy soared to some of the best ratings of the week. Betty drew 9.8 million viewers, while Grey's got 18.3 million viewers.
- Open for business. The Office returned to 9.2 million viewers — and, interestingly, it won its time slot among men 18-49.
- Dancing away with the week. Dancing with the Stars dominated Monday with 21.1 million viewers, then brought in 18.2 million on Tuesday and 15.6 million on Wednesday.
- Your moment of Zen. The Daily Show recently recorded its best week ever in the ratings. From Sept. 15-18, the show got just under 2 million viewers each night.
Photo courtesy of CBS