- Farewell, Alan and Denny. The two-hour series finale of Boston Legal averaged 10.2 million viewers on Monday, with 10.8 million watching the final half-hour.
- Ugly lipstick. Lipstick Jungle needed a pre-holiday ratings miracle to save itself from cancellation, and it doesn't look like that happened on Friday, when the show drew just 3.7 million viewers.
- Not desperate at all. Desperate Housewives, which made news this week with its possible expansion to nine seasons, had a strong outing on Sunday with 16 million viewers.
- Investigating the new guy. CSI welcomed a new character on Thursday, and an impressive audience of 20.6 million viewers tuned in to check him out.
- Who needs new stuff? Repeats of two CBS shows, NCIS and The Mentalist, did better than original programming on other networks on Tuesday. NCIS got 14.1 million viewers to House's 13.9, and an hour later, The Mentalist drew 13.7 million viewers to The Biggest Loser's 10.1 million.
Photo copyright 2008 ABC, Inc.