- Lost in the shuffle? With American Idol expanded to two hours, Lost took a blow, pulling in just 9.8 million viewers — the lowest number ever for an original episode of the show.
- Absolutely mental. The Mentalist is cementing its status as the season's breakout hit: Tuesday's episode pulled in 19.7 million viewers, its highest rated episode ever.
- Big love for Big Love. HBO's recently renewed Big Love is making its mark on the ratings this season: Its most recent episode drew 1.9 million viewers, up significantly from this season's premiere.
- Grammy moments. At a time when most award shows are losing ratings each year, the Grammys were actually up: The broadcast averaged 19.7 million viewers over its three and a half hours. That's about 2.5 million more people than last year's ceremony.
- Crossing over. Private Practice got a huge boost from its crossover with Grey's Anatomy, jumping up to 14.2 million viewers.
Photo copyright 2009 ABC, Inc.