- Fallen Idol. American Idol crushed everything in its wake this week, but there's still a cautionary note: Both the performance and results portions of the finales were the lowest rated in the series' history. Tuesday's performance show got just above 23 million viewers, while Wednesday's results show averaged about 28.8 million viewers — though it peaked at about 34 million viewers in the final half-hour.
- A little gleeful. Glee had a decent (if not blockbuster) debut after Tuesday's Idol, averaging about 10.7 million viewers.
- So you think you can keep people tuning in all Summer? Moving on from Idol, Fox launched its Summer with the fifth season of So You Think You Can Dance, with an average of 8.8 million viewers watching Thursday's two-hour premiere.
- And more dancing! Dancing with the Stars wrapped up its season this week with about 18.7 million people watching Monday's performances and the same number coming back to see the winner crowned on Tuesday.
- Still desperate for more. Desperate Housewives finished up its fifth season as the highest-rated show on Sunday, averaging 13.9 million viewers.
Photo courtesy of Fox