This week's episode of "The Office" focused on courage and heroism, with Dwight defending Jim from Roy with pepper spray and Michael realizing that he could demand a higher salary. There were tons of hilarious moments — I'm particularly tickled by the antagonism between Toby and Michael — so check out my highlights from "The Negotiation" and then tell me: What were your favorite quotes?
- "I was lucky Dwight was there. And Roy was lucky that Dwight only used pepper spray, not the nunchucks or throwing stars." — Jim, as Dwight's hidden weapons are revealed
- When Jim offers Dwight a gift of thanks, Dwight replies, "Citizens do not accept prizes for being citizens."
- "Are you wearing lady clothes?" — Darryl
"No, this is a power suit." – Michael
- "Negotiations are all about controlling things, about being in the driver’s seat. And make one tiny mistake, you’re dead. I made one tiny mistake. I wore a woman’s clothes." — Michael
For the rest of the highlights, read more
- "When I heard Jim and Pam had kissed, my reaction was to have lots of long talks with Jim about our feelings. Roy just attacked him. I’m not sure which one Jim hated more." –Karen
- "Here’s the straight dope, no tricks, no Wikipedia." –Michael, leveling with Darryl about salaries
- Michael, on the perks of his job: "Every year I get a $100 gas card. Can't put a price tag on that."
- "Hey, I'd rather kill myself." — Michael, after Jan suggests Toby be present for the salary negotiations
- Michael, negotiating with Jan: "You give me a good raise, or no more sex.”
He then turns to Toby: “What are you writing, perv ball?"
- "This may be the first time that a male subordinate has attempted to get a modest, scheduled raise by threatening to withhold sex from a female superior. It will be a groundbreaking case when it inevitably goes to trial." – Toby
- "It was a weird day. I accidentally cross-dressed." –Michael in response to Jan asking him what's wrong
- "You know who's a real hero? Hiro from 'Heroes.' Also, Bono." — Dwight, on his office heroics