One of my all-time favorite episodes of "The Office" is "Diversity Day," so I couldn't help but revel in "Women's Appreciation," which was like a diversity day for gender issues. It all starts when Phyllis is accosted by a flasher in the parking lot. As Dwight sets out to catch the culprit, Michael aims to make the office a more welcoming environment for women.
After offering some requisite offensive comments, Michael decides to take the women to a more female-friendly environment: the mall. The gals help him with his own female problems, and he takes them shopping at Victoria's Secret.
Tell me your favorite quotes from the episode, and to see some of mine, read more
- "The guy was just hanging brain. What's wrong with that? If that’s flashing, then lock me up." — Creed
- Toby: "I was at a parent teacher conference."
Michael: "Oh yeah, prove it! Let's see your penis. ... Ok, as that was coming out of my mouth, I knew it was wrong."
- "Jan and I have a safe word in case things go too far: foliage." — Michael
- "I wish someone had flashed me when i was with Roy, because that would have been the ass kicking of the year." — Pam
- "Attention: I am removing all bananas from the kitchen." — Dwight
- "If Pam wants to show more cleavage, she should be able to. I encourage that." — Michael
- Michael: "When Meredith flashed me at that Christmas party, I nearly vomited."
Meredith: "I don’t remember doing that."
Angela: "What a surprise."
- Michael says that celebrities create unrealistic expectations about how real women should look. Gesturing towards Pam, he says: "Even the hot ones aren’t really that skinny."
- Andy: "If it were up to me, you ladies would be the fashion models."
Kevin: "Yes, and then the fashion models could come here and work with me."
- "If I could menstruate, I wouldn’t have to deal with idiotic calendars anymore." — Dwight
- Karen, when Michael announces he's taking the women to the mall: "Frankly, it’s pretty insulting. But I have a lot of stuff I need to return in my car."
- "I’m forced to go to the American Girl store and order clothes for large colonial dolls." — Angela, on shopping in kids' stores
- "I’m happy sometimes. When we scrap book. Or right towards the end of having sex." — Michael, on his relationship with Jan
- Michael: "Wow, I cannot believe this yogurt has no calories!"
Pam: "No one said it has no calories."
- "I’m kind of between boyfriends right now, so I don’t really need anything sexy. But I do need some new hand towels, so I figure I can cut up this robe." — Pam, when Michael takes the women shopping at Victoria’s Secret
- Andy: "I really appreciate you letting me shadow you today. I really learned a lot."