Goodbye for the summer, "The Office"! While I think this season's finale was okay, I also think the show doesn't quite work as an hour-long show. In order to stretch it out that long, it seems like they had to pour on the drama more than usual.
This week Michael promises Dwight his job, believing the position in corporate to be in the bag. Jan comes back into Michael's life in uh, full force. Meanwhile, Jim and Karen have a fun time in New York when they both go to interview for the same job, and Pam is perhaps cuter than she's ever been. Check out my highlights from this week's season finale and tell me what you thought of it.
- When Jim walks in with his new haircut, Kevin says, “Hey, what’s different about you? You look worse.”
Then, Meredith: “You got a haircut. It’s sexy-hot. Turn around... Do it!”
- I love how Pam never apologizes to anyone about her Big Moment from the "Beach Games" episode. To Karen: “I’m just sorry if it made you feel weird.”
- Kelly, regarding Pam's outburst: “I would never have done that. It was patheticville. No offense, Pam.”
Meredith, regarding Pam's outburst: "Don’t even worry about it. Everyone was so drunk I bet nobody even remembers what you said."
- On Creed's "blog," www.creedthoughts.gov.www/creedthoughts, I could just make this out at the bottom: “What do you guys think is the best kind of car? To me… motorcycles. They’re small and dangerous.”
- Jim: “Okay. Just so I understand it: In your wildest fantasy, you are in hell. And you are co-running a bed-and-breakfast with the devil.”
- Dwight’s ideal choice to take Jim’s place: “Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable. Fictional. And overqualified.”
- On breast implants:
Kevin: “I love fake boobs. Oftentimes, you find them on strippers.”
Creed likes them "au naturel": “Swing low, sweet chariots.”
- Dwight: “How do you make a table?”
Andy: “You make a chair, but you don’t sit on it.”
- Michael: “Your advice was good, but Jan’s was bigger.”
- I can’t believe I actually felt real jealousy toward Karen. A fictional character. For having fun with Jim. Another fictional character.
- Michael gives Jan’s assistant this message: “I want to squeeze them. It’s code, she’ll know what it means.”
- Jan: “This could be great, this could be perfect. My full-time job could be our relationship. I could wear stretch pants and wait for you to come home at 5:15. It could work. This could work, really.”
- Michael: “Ryan, coffee.”
Ryan: “I don’t do that stuff anymore.”
Michael: “No, it’s for me. Bimbo.” I think Bimbo is an underused insult.
- Michael: “This place is like the hospital where I was born, my house, my old age home, and my graveyard, for my bones.”
- I chuckled a lot during this episode, but the moment when I guffawed out loud, for some reason: Ryan says to Kelly, "You and I are done." Then Kelly's "What?!?"
Lots more great moments if you read more