For those of you keeping track, that's two episodes of The Office in a row that have ended with a teary-eyed Michael Scott. Before next week's big farewell, this week Michael tries to pass The Dundies hosting torch to Deangelo in his last year of giving out his annual awards. Deangelo proves that he doesn't quite have Michael's onstage prowess, but the emcees are outshined anyway — by sore losers, awkward acceptance speeches, and one very public breakup.
The laughs gave way to a very sentimental closing scene, when the entire office bands together to present Michael with their very own rendition of "Seasons of Love" from Rent. Whether or not you're ready to say goodbye to Steve Carell, for now, let's just recap tonight's best lines after the break.
- "This reminds me of Katrina." — Deangelo, upon seeing Meredith's house in disarray
- "I love banter. But I hate witty banter." — Kevin, helping Michael and Deangelo come up with a shtick for The Dundies
- "I love when people say 'like crack' who have obviously never done crack." — Ryan, who's a bit defensive about the way Pam compares breadsticks to drugs
- "Didn't think to mention me?" — Pam, feeling insulted when Jim snubs her in his Dundies speech
- "Maybe you should have won the 'kind of a bitch award'." — Michael, tearing Dwight a new one when he won't stop whining
- "That's like watching Die Hard 80,000 times." — The entire cast during the musical number. Awww.
Did I miss any of your favorite lines? Feel free to add 'em in the comments, or just throw in your two cents about the episode!
Photo courtesy of NBC