Dunder Mifflin is closed for the Summer, so to speak — The Office has its season finale this week, with Jim, Toby, and Gabe on the hunt for a new manager. They're tasked with interviewing candidates for the open position (including the woman who may be coming in permanently, Catherine Tate), while Creed sits in as acting manager, instituting his specific brand of crazy. As the promos promised, there is a host of familiar faces up for the job, like Ray Romano, James Spader, Will Arnett, and Jim Carrey, and they each have pretty good bits.
The conference room is hardly the only place for laughs though; when Angela gets engaged and Erin tries to get Andy's attention, everyone seems to have at least one funny moment. So as we say goodbye to another season of The Office, let's go over some of the best lines from the finale when you
- Phyllis: "It was a big year for babies. Porky's had come out."
Erin: "I'm sure I was just another Porky's baby. But why not find out." — Phyllis and Erin wait to find out if Erin is the baby Phyllis gave up for adoption years ago
- "Shut up about the sun. Shut up about the sun!" — Gabe, yelling at Andy for spouting off so many facts in his interview
- Dwight: "What's your daughter's name again? Pee Pee?"
Dwight: "Peepa. That's great." — Dwight tries to make small talk with Jim so he'll be considered for the manger job
- "Angela went a whole day without telling me I had lettuce in my teeth. Screw her." — Phyllis, voting against telling Angela that her fiancé is gay
- "Don't you just love paper and things about paper?" — Pam, pretending to be a Dunder Mifflin client so Creed can't drive away any real clients
What did you think of the finale? And even though it seems like Tate is going to end up with the job, which of the applicants did you like the most?
Photo courtesy of NBC