In this week's episode of The Office, Dwight has been chosen to spearhead a three-week assignment in Tallahassee. He's putting together "a competent team" that will assist him on the mission, setting up a number of new Sabre locations. Half the episode deals with various relationship issues, and the rest is essentially an audition for the team that will head to Florida. There are some important plot points revealed: Val and Darryl vaguely express their feelings for each other, and Erin tells us she wants to head to Florida for good. While "Special Project" definitely has potential, this week just kind of landed flat for me.
Regardless, there are a few funny moments that stood out in my mind. To read a few of my fave lines from "Special Project," just keep reading.
- "Not everyone needs some long, luxurious Parisian maternity leave." — Angela, on coming back to work four days after she gave birth
- "Val knit me a beanie. But I can't tell if it's a 'we're just friends' beanie or if it's a 'you're hot, I'm hot, let's get it poppin' beanie." — Darryl, on Val's gift
- "You want to call someone? That texted you? Do you want to drive them away?" — Kelly, on Jim wanting to call in response to Robert California's text
- "Well he nailed it. Because I do deserve a vacation. Sometimes Batman's got to take off his cape." — Kevin, on getting chosen for the special project
- "It might be innate goodness vs. innate badness." — Dwight, on Andy's criteria for who gets to go to Tallahassee
- "Florida Stanley smiles. Florida Stanley is happy to go to work. Florida Stanley is who you want on your Florida team." — Stanley presenting his case, while wearing a Miami Vice-inspired suit
What did you think of this week's episode? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Photo courtesy of NBC