We all thought Holly was Michael Scott's perfect match, but that was before we met Deangelo Vickers. Will Ferrell makes his first appearance on The Office this week as the man who may be the next Dunder Mifflin regional manager. The guys seem to be two of a kind on their first awkward meeting, but it's not long before their kinship turns into a competition.
Ferrell actually fits in with the motley crew pretty seamlessly, though he proves to be a bit more rough around the edges than Michael. Steve Carell's exit is really sinking in now, and poor Michael was tearing up by the end of the episode. Personally, my biggest laugh came from Andy stumbling in the kitchen when he's trying to tell jokes, but the episode wasn't without a few zingers. Check out my favorite lines of the night when you
- Deangelo: "Doing some skiing?"
Michael: "No. I don't want to end up like Sonny Bobo."
- "This is Jim and Pam, aka JAP." — Michael, much to the chagrin of JAM fans everywhere
- "So you decided to have an orgy and not invite me? Come on! I call the middle." — Michael, starting to feel left out when the entire office is crowded around Deangelo during lunch
- "Dunder Mifflin, this is. Oh yeah, I like it!" — Erin, trying out a new way to answer the phone
- Darryl: "Finish the joke Andy. What do African Americans call . . .?"
Andy: "I dunno, help me!"
- "I'm telling you, that baby could be the star of a show called 'Babies I Don't Care About.'" — Deangelo, expressing his distaste for Pam and Jim's attempts to use Cece to bond with their new boss
How did you feel about Will Ferrell's debut? Are you excited to have Deangelo around for a few more episodes, or are you missing Michael already?
Photo courtesy of NBC