I woke up this morning with ABBA's "Take a Chance on Me" bopping in my head and I had to giggle. Who would have thought Angela would become such a hot ticket at Dunder-Mifflin? I enjoyed this week's episode of "The Office" well enough, but I'm still not digging the hour-long episodes, and this week's felt like it dragged a little.
In this episode, all the Dunder-Mifflin offices are celebrating the launch of the company's website (Dunder-Mifflin Infinity) with separate parties that will communicate through an online video chat. In other news, Dwight is determined to sell more paper than the website does, prompting Jim and Pam to play another of their infamous pranks. Oh, and Michael holds a pizza delivery kid hostage in the conference room.
For some of my favorite parts of the episode, and to add your own (spoilers ahead!), read more
- Jim signing Meredith's diaper-type cast is a great way to start the episode.
- I loved all of Michael's derogatory remarks about Angela's petite size, from calling her "pipsqueak" and "booster seat" to mimicking a sign by a roller coaster: "If you are not this tall, you may not ride the roller coaster."
- Michael: "Well the website is the brainchild of my brainchild, Ryan. It is my brain grandchild."
- I might be alone in this sentiment, but I really love the storylines involving Phyllis. I love that she Googled tips on dealing with difficult people because of Angela. And then she throws the Post-It notes at Angela's face! "That shut up her up!"
- Dwight asks "the computer": "How do I know this isn’t Jim?"
To which "computer" responds: "What is a Jim?"
- Dwight: "I have been salesman of the month for 13 out of the last 12 months. You heard me right.. I did so well last February that corporate gave me two plaques in lieu of a pay raise." He holds up the plaques to either side of his face.
- Jim and Pam say "not it" at the same time to get out of taking Michael’s other ticket to the party.
Pam: "I won."
Jim: "If anything, it was a tie."
Pam: "Tie goes to the girlfriend."
- Dwight types: "Here’s a suggestion, computer. I assume you read binary so why don’t you 0110111101101011."
Jim: "Okay. While you were typing that I searched every database in existence and learned every fact about everything. And mastered the violin. Oh! And sold more paper."
- Dwight: "Dammit Kelly, it knows! It knows what you did!"
Darryl: "Hey, how about instead of yelling at our sweet old miss Kapur over 500 sheets of paper you get back to your desk, start selling multiple reams, like a man." Then, to Kelly, "So you still missing Ryan?"
Kelly: "Not so much anymore."
- Angela: "How do you tell someone it’s over? You send them a notarized letter, right? Well, what if the recipient is your notary?"
- Andy: "They say you should never mix business with pleasure. Really. Well explain to me how a putt-putt golf company operates."
- Dwight says he knows the pizza delivery kid because he steals Dwight's hemp.
Pizza kid: "Yeah I know that guy. He’s the farmer who grows really crappy weed."
- Michael: "I am not kidnapping him. I’m keeping him until I get what I want."
- Michael says to Ryan on the video chat, "Hey I just think you should know that one of my salesmen beat your stupid computer. So take that a—hole."
- Andy sings "Take a Chance on Me" with two of his friends singing backup on speakerphone! I just had to write about that again because it kind of made my week.
Photos courtesy of NBC