I'll admit this wasn't my favorite episode of The Office, but even when it's lukewarm, this show is still one of the highlights of my TV week. I loved seeing all the Halloween costumes in the beginning and I was hoping it would be a whole Halloween episode, but alas, the plot centered on Michael (and Darryl!) helping Holly move, Dwight royally messing with Andy's mind and Pam attempting to team up with Jim's brothers to pull a prank on him.
What did you think of this episode? To read about some of the moments I liked the most,
- Kelly is dressed as Carrie from Sex and the City. "Now can you help walk me to the fax machine?" Stanley wears a mask so he can sleep at his desk. And Andy is a "kitten."
- Creed's Joker impression is eerily good! Haha, Kevin, also in Joker makeup: "Dammit Creed, I've been up since four!"
- Aww, Pam's Charlie Chaplin (at corporate, where nobody else dresses up for Halloween) is so cute! "I can't even take off my hat. Because then I'm Hitler."
- OMG, the first time Michael, Holly and Darryl all belt out "Life Is a Highway" in the car, driving Holly to New Hampshire, is fantastic.
- Adorable Pam: She tells Jim's brothers to come early so they could play a prank on Jim at lunch. "I think they're into the idea. They're probably thinking, that Pam Beasley, she's the coolest sister-in-law on the planet. She's the best! The absolute best." Unfortunately, her plan is overruled by the brothers who want to go instead with their old trick of ranking on Jim's girlfriends, this time ridiculing Pam's aspirations to be an artist.
- Michael, as he turns up "Life Is a Highway" again: "Here we go, fourth time is the charm." Suddenly, Holly's crying! Michael says quietly, "Did Darryl touch you?"
- Michael: "Holly thinks that this relationship is over. Well you know what? I am not giving up that easy. I am going to make this way harder than it needs to be."
- Meredith says she dated a couple guys from Cornell. "They were really nice. They gave me a ride home."
Andy: "I seriously doubt that anyone from Cornell dated you."
Creed: "It's pronounced 'kernel' (Colonel) and it's the highest rank in the military."
Andy: "It's pronounced 'cor-nell!' It's the highest rank in the Ivy League!"
- Holly's stressing about the long-distance relationship, to which Michael says, "Here's my wish. I want you to meet a great guy and I want you to be happy. My wish has come true, incidentally, because you've met me and you are happy."
- Michael starts crying (as Darryl calls someone and leaves a voicemail message begging them to call him back), "Please don't do this! Please don't do this. . . I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna be OK! I'm not strong! I'll go back to Jan and I hate Jan!"
- Dwight: "Andy, I've been meaning to ask you, which acapella group should I join? The Harmoniacs, or the Do-Re-Migos?"
- Andy is the one interviewing Dwight for admission to Cornell! He tells Dwight the time and place of the interview: "When the hourglass strikes three, then in the room whence employees confer."
- Andy lists Dwight's influences: Dane Cook, Jack Bauer, Eli Whitney. Then Dwight and Andy get into a duel of writing reports on each other for Cornell, ending in Dwight pulling the desk across the room away from Andy.
- Aww, the prank on Jim is so bad! Poor Pam. "Got you." Later Pam suggests, "Hey, how 'bout at Thanksgiving we prank Tom about being bald?"
- Michael and Holly's parting — so sad! And was that really it? I mean, that's it?
- In the car ride back to Scranton, Darryl starts singing the blues. Michael: "That's a really pretty song." Then Michael starts singing with him, smiling.
- Ha! Andy comes into the office with beets from "Bernard Farms," a straw hat and overalls with no shirt underneath it. He says he now has a beet farm.