There's no denying that winter is upon us, so we might as well just embrace it by introducing the first BuzzSugar weekly Playlist. Every Monday on the site, I'll be posting a themed Playlist complete with my song picks, and you guys can tell me what songs you'd choose for the occasion.
This week, I've rounded up 12 great Snowy Day Songs, many of them by bands from Iceland, Sweden, and other chilly climes. Some have snowy-day themes to warm you up, while others just sound cool and peaceful. Either way, this list will help get you through the long days of winter. (Most tracks are available through the iTunes store.)
- Billie Holiday, “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm.” A warm and cozy classic.
- Low, “Last Snowstorm of the Year.”
- Gwen Stefani, “Early Winter.” A breakup song in a weather metaphor.
- Matt Pond PA, “Snow Day."
- Mum, "Green Grass of Tunnel." The tinkling electronica makes me think of icicles.
- Jens Lekman, "The Cold Swedish Winter."
- Bjork, "Cetacea."
- Del McCoury Band, "Rain & Snow."
- Animal Collective, "Winter's Love."
- The Fiery Furnaces, "Tropical Iceland."
- The Pipettes, "A Winter's Sky."
- Sigur Ros, "Svefn-g-englar." This stunning song just sounds like winter.
What songs would be on your snowy day playlist? Tell me below!