Tomorrow I'll be making second my annual pilgrimage to San Diego for this year's Comic-Con! I couldn't be more excited to wander the halls again, checking out panels full of the talent behind some new movies and TV shows. I'm just hoping I don't get caught in a stampede of Twilight fans! Barring that, I'll be bringing you updates all weekend long. Here's a list of hot topics I'm hoping to check out this year:
- A discussion about women who kick ass? Sign me up! EW's Female Power Icons in Pop Culture panel will feature Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Saldana, and Lost's Elizabeth Mitchell.
- Speaking of Lost, it's been a Comic-Con staple since the year it premiered, and this year brings the show's final panel. (Sad face.) I can't wait to hear more about the upcoming season, and I expect the room to be packed when this show takes its place of honor at Comic-Con one last time.
- The Twilight panel made a splash in '08 (just ask Robert Pattinson himself), so it's no surprise that Summit Entertainment has a spotlight on New Moon. They'll be showing brand new scenes from the film, and a few surprise cast members will apparently be on hand. This would be where I'm most likely to be crushed by Twihards, but I'm willing to risk life and limb to bring you a fix.
- Warner Bros. is trotting out some of the most anticipated films of the year. I've been dying to hear more about Sherlock Holmes and Where the Wild Things Are, so this should be wonderful.
- We'll finally get a peek at the much-hyped Flash Forward, which could very well take the place of Lost as TV's new sci-fi cult favorite.
That's just a start! For more of what's on my radar this weekend,
- There's lots of TV-related stuff going on, including more on Chuck and Fringe and a look at the new Witches of Eastwick and V. Dexter and True Blood will be there too. I hope I can fit it all in!
- Speaking of which — the Glee kids will be at the hotel next to the main convention center with an all-new episode!
- Kevin Smith is back! Though I'm not sure if Lucy Lawless will be giving him the what-for this time around.
- In other big-director news, Peter Jackson will be on hand for District 9, and Terry Gilliam is coming to talk about Heath Ledger's final film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
That's just a bit of all the fun in store, so hold tight here and on Twitter all weekend long!