Just when I think Reaper is getting a little too ridiculously formulaic (get the vessel, hunt down escaped souls, Sam/Andi drama, funny quips from Sock and the Devil), there are little touches that surprise and delight me all over again. I think Andi's "Ted-Free Zone" is the coolest thing I've seen in a while, for example. And the introduction of both Russ the sketchy coworker and Taylor the possible love interest for Sam really helped to spice things up this week, too.
Check out some of the things I liked best about this week's episode below:
- Sock announces that they are "getting Sam laid" tonight. Or, as he also puts it, "We are planting your flag at Iwo Jima tonight my friend."
- Okay, I had to rewind the part at the bar when Sock appears to fire off pelvic bullets across the table first at Sam's and then one at Ben. So great!
- All three boys are badgered to strip for the bachelorette party girls, and they each have a reason why they won't:
Sock: "I’m not your monkey! I am not your monkey!"
Ben: "I could lose my union card."
Sam: "I have a trick knee."
- Sam, muttering to Taylor on the phone while Andi's standing right there: "No, my lips are currently not lonely."
- I love the character of Russ! And I love that Sock calls him "extra-strength douche."
- This week's escaped soul Holly is totally borrowing a page from the book of the indestructible Claire on Heroes.
- Sam: "A church? Isn’t this a little too close for comfort?"
Devil: "Nah. Me and the big guy have an understanding. I stay out of his house, he lets me play with his toys."
- The Devil says there's no such thing as love. “In the end it all comes down to endorphins and genitalia."
- Sock, to escaped soul Kit: "You are a man of discriminating taste, I can tell by the four buttons undone on your shirt."
- I love that Russ is the answer to all their vessel problems this episode ("Where the hell are we gonna find beta max?").
- Sock to Sam, in reference to Taylor: “Collect your spoils.”
Sam: “Alright, let’s not call her spoils to her face."
- The Devil shaking his head at the bar: “I never should have pushed that whole Taylor thing on you. I had no idea you were a homosexual… Hear that? That’s the sound of every man in the world laughing at you."
More highlights if you
Photos courtesy of CW